sexta-feira, novembro 9

Yes you did!

"As you can see I did well to stay here with the people of my homeland"

This was the reaction of Mariza, yesterday evening, during the concert in Lisbon, when she was told that the prize was for the Colombian group "Gaiteiro de San Jacinto" [congratulations! but no videos available on youtube].

12 000 persons sold out the concert and many invitees were on stage for the delightfulness of the audience. One of the most special guests was Carlos do Carmo who sang alone two fados «Canoas do Tejo» and «Lisboa Menina e Moça» and had the first stand up applause of the evening. There were also the participations of Tito Paris (cape-verdean), Filipe Mukenga (angolan) and Ivan Lins (brazilian) in a night Mariza called it "a celebration of lusophony"

By the way, Portuguese language it's spoken by over 210 million people over the world (the 6th most spoken language), mainly in Brazil, Portugal and other old Portuguese colonies and Spanish author Miguel Cervantes once called Portuguese "the sweet language", while Brazilian writer Olavo Bilac poetically described it as "the last flower of Latium, wild and beautiful"

She also invited the famous Portuguese singer Rui Veloso with who she sang «Transparente», «Jura» e «Não Queiras Saber de Mim» in a "softer" style (more pop) [the video I link here is very good, it is very relaxing ballad...It is not from yesterday´s concert but I believe that the duet was more or less like this; and I really like this song which means "Don´t you wanna know ´bout me/tonight I´m not here/ When sadness "knocks"/ there is no one worse than me....today I don´t recommend myself...lalalalalala.....one day maybe I ll translate because this is not fado! :P]

Congratulations to my dear Mariza! I am looking forward to listen to her new upcoming album!!!
And I just wonder if the Colombians had ever performed on the Walt Disney Concert Hall, where the renowned architect Frank Gehry built a 'Taverna' especially for her. It is just a thought...
:P







3 comentários:

Unknown disse...

Percebo k gostes muito de Mariza, pois eu tb gosto!!
Mas, sem duvida, a fadista que, nos ultimos tempos, mais me fascinou, foi a Ana Moura!
N sei se conheces, mas tenta encontrar alguma coisa sobre ela.
Para além da voz, os arranjos instrumentais parecem-me bastante melhores do k os da Mariza. Mas claro, é uma opiniao pessoal.
Beijinho

afalma disse...

Nice to see you included a photo of the wonderful guitarist Luís Guerreiro!!! :o)

And Mariza is THE BEST for me!!! Absolutely adare her! And Carlos do Carmo as well!

Nice blog! :o)

Regina disse...

Luís Guerreiro is a wonderful guitarrist! I am waiting for an album of his...
It´s about time.

For Mariza and Carmo, no words.

Thank you for the comment.

You are always welcome here.